There are many skateboard tricks that can be performed, but the frontside crooked grind is one of the most challenging and impressive tricks that can be done. In order to execute this trick, you will need to have a lot of speed and be able to balance on your board. Here are a few tips on how to frontside crooked grind on a skateboard.
What is a frontside crooked grind?
A frontside crooked grind is a skateboarding trick where the skateboarder rides up to a curb, ledge, or other obstacle and performs a crooked grind. This is done by turning the board so that the front truck is facing the obstacle and then riding up to it. The skateboarder then pops the board up and grinds along the obstacle.
How do you do a frontside crooked grind on a skateboard?
In order to do a frontside crooked grind on a skateboard, you will need to position yourself in a way that allows you to grind on the front edge of your skateboard. You can do this by standing in a “pushed out” position with your leading foot in front of your skateboard. Then, use your back foot to lift your skateboard off the ground and push it forward. When it reaches the desired height, quickly move your front foot over the top of the skateboard and grind on the front edge. To exit the grind, simply release your front foot and let the skateboard fall back to the ground.
Tips for frontside crooked grinding
1. When learning how to do a frontside crooked grind, make sure you have plenty of space to yourself. This will help you to avoid any potential accidents.
2. Start by finding a curb or ledge that is about the same height as your board.
3. Position your body so that your front foot is on the edge of the board and your back foot is hanging off the back.
4. Lean into the grind and use your back foot to twist the board around.
5. Keep your front foot firmly planted on the edge and hold on to the board with your back hand.
6. When you’re ready to come out of the grind, use your back foot to push off the ledge and return to a standing position.
Examples of frontside crooked grinds
A frontside crooked grind is a skateboarding trick where the rider approaches a curb or other obstacle with their frontside facing the obstacle. They then use their front truck to grind on the obstacle, before landing back on their board. There are a number of variations of the frontside crooked grind, including the lipslide, the nosegrind, and the bluntslide.
Here are a few tips for mastering the frontside crooked grind:
1. Start by finding a curb or other obstacle that is about the same height as your board.
2. Approach the obstacle with your frontside facing it, and use your front truck to grind on top of it.
3. Keep your body weight centered over your board, and use your feet to control your speed and direction.
4. When you’re ready to land, slowly straighten your legs and push off the obstacle with your feet.
5. Land back on your board and ride away.
If you are able to master the frontside crooked grind, you will be able to impress your friends and onlookers with your skateboarding skills. It takes a lot of practice and patience to get this trick down, but it is definitely worth the effort. Keep trying and you will be able to nail it in no time!