If you’re looking to add a new trick to your repertoire, the fakie ollie is a great option. This move can be a bit tricky to master, but with a few tips and some practice, you’ll be able to nail it in no time!
What is a fakie ollie?
A fakie ollie is a skateboarding trick where the skateboarder performs an ollie, but instead of jumping off the board and landing back on it, they land on the board backwards. This trick is often used to transfer from one rail to another, or to get more height off of a jump.
How do you do a fakie ollie?
If you’re looking to learn how to do a fakie ollie, you’ve come to the right place. This trick can be a little tricky to learn, but with a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to nail it in no time. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by riding your board in a normal stance.
2. Shift your weight to your back foot and lift your front foot off of the board.
3. Move your back foot to the front of the board.
4. Push off of the ground with your back foot and ollie into the air.
5. Land on your front foot and shift your weight back to your original stance.
It can be a bit tricky to master at first, but with a little practice, you will be able to nail it!
Here are a few tips to help you get it perfected:
1. Start by riding in reverse slowly, and then gradually increase your speed.
2. Make sure to pop up into the ollie quickly, and use your hands and arms to help you get up higher.
3. Keep your balance and stay focused. It may take a little practice, but eventually you will be able to do the fakie ollie with ease!
Examples of fakie ollies
There are a few different ways to do a fakie ollie. One way is to pop the ollie as normal, but instead of landing on the front of your board, you land on the back. Another way is to pop the ollie and then turn your board around so that the front of your board is facing the ground. This way is a little bit harder, but it can make your tricks look a lot better.
How to progress your fakie ollie skills
There are a few things you can do to help progress your fakie ollie skills. Firstly, try to focus on your pop. Make sure you are getting up as high as possible. Secondly, practice your landing. Make sure you are landing in the correct spot and that you are not catching too much rail. Finally, try to progress your tricks. Start adding in flips and spins to make your fakie ollie more complex. With a bit of practice, you will be able to progress your skills and start landing fakie ollies like a pro!
The best places to practice your fakie ollies
There are a few spots in town that are great for practicing your fakie ollies. The most popular spot is at the skatepark, but you can also try out your skills at the local mall or on the street. Just be careful when you’re practicing in public, especially if there are pedestrians around. Make sure you know what you’re doing before you try out your new trick!
Have fun and be safe while skating!